Online Now 356

Oregon Comes From Behind for Win

With senior Tony Woods ejected earlier in the first half Washington State's Royce Woolridge made a three with 3:29 left in the first half to push the Cougar lead to 35-18. The game seemed almost impossible to win based on Oregon's offensive struggles in the first half. Oregon couldn't get a good look while the Cougars bombed three after three in the first half.

E.J. Singler scores 25 points including 20 in the second half and overtime to lead Oregon over Washington State.

The Ducks never gave up and eventually came back for a huge come-from-behind victory.

Carlos Emory nailed a three and then added a layup, E.J. Singler made two free throws, and Damyean Dotson added a three and the Ducks finished the first half on a 10-3 run to go down 38-27 at the half.

Oregon (21-5, 10-3) then stormed back in the second half to then hold on in overtime to beat Washington State (11-15, 2-11) 79-77.

E.J. Singler made two free throws with 3.8 seconds left to give Oregon the victory and first place in the Pac-12 race.

Singler scored 25 points to lead Oregon in scoring. Emory added a career-high 20 points and Damyean Dotson chipped in 16 points.

Singler sank two free throws with 29 seconds in regulation to give Oregon a 71-66 lead. Arsalan Kazemi fouled WSU's Brock Motum shooting a three on the Cougar’s next possession and Motum made two of three. The Cougars then fouled junior Johnathan Loyd with 19 seconds and Loyd missed both shots to give the Cougars life trailing 71-68 with 18 seconds left. DaVonte Lacy made a three in the left corner to tie the game with six seconds remaining in regulation.

The game went to overtime after Dotson missed a jumper on the wing and Singler missed a last second floater.

Lacy put WSU up 72-71, but Loyd answered with a hanging floater that banked off the class. Emory then stole a pass for a slam dunk the Ducks led 75-72.

Motum would sink two more free throws to bring the Cougars within one.

Singler made one of two free throws and gave Oregon a 76-74 lead with 1:16 left in overtime.

Lacy missed a three to tie the game and Emory grabbed the rebound. After making the first of two free throws Emory missed the second but Dotson grabbed an offensive rebound. Emory however turned the ball over with 30 seconds left and Royce Woolridge made a three to tie the game at 77 with just four seconds remaining.

On the inbound Singler raced up court to only be fouled by Dexter Kernich-Drew and Singler won the game at the line by making both free throws.

Oregon center Tony Woods was called for a flagrant foul for elbowing Motum, WSU's leading scorer, in the head and was ejected from the game with 9:55 left in the first and Oregon trailing 19-13. The Cougars proceeded to score six consecutive points after the foul to push their lead to 25-13.

Oregon shot 26-of-57 from the field and just 7-of-24 from three. The Ducks did make 20-of-29 from the free throw line. Washington State made 21-of-52 from the field, 12-of-28 from three, and 23-of-31 from the line.

Oregon won the rebound battle 35-29 including 12 offensive rebounds.

Arsalan Kazemi added 8 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 block and assist.

Wooldridge led all players with a career-high 36 points on 10-of-15 shooting and 6-of-9 from three. He also added 5 assists and 3 steals.

Brock Motum added 12 points and 3 rebounds for Washington State.

Already have an account? Sign In