In partnership with CBSSports.com
Loudest board in the nation, per capita
Buy and sell your Duck tickets here.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
The official source for NFL news, schedules, stats, scores and more.
The Philadelphia Eagless Heath Evans discusses some of the reasons why.
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by MattPrehm 18 months ago
Follow me on twitter, www.twitter.com/prehmmr
Abosolutly is! He won't be affective in the NFL... He will be fired in 5 years., hoping he would've stayed and won a couple nattys with UO
Well every point he makes is bogus.
1) That point would only be valid if we had landed the #1-#10 recruiting class every year Chip was at Oregon. As it is we still get out recruited even with Phil Knight.
2) Chip didn't get out coached the players got out played.
3) Oregon's QBs under Chip have been very durable. The first year with Masoli, Costa, Thomas.....those were not his recruits and was a freak year.
Now he could have pointed to a number of other things and I think he could have a valid argument. But this was a hack job just trying to rush something out.
2. Chip did get out coach, and he wasn't able to make the right adjustments like he did the week before against Cal. It was his stubbornness
Disagree. We should have won. If DAT makes a simple block or Maldonado hits a simple FG we win. Chip can't do those things for them. We should have won and actually quite easily. The players lost to Stanford. They played flat.
CK must have banged Evans' wife or somethin, cause he's the biggest Chip troll there is.
That article was very uninformed and inaccurate. It seemed like Evans just wanted to parrot all the CK stereo types without doing any actula investigation to find out if they are true. I agree with the points that Ducked Up made and can point out more:
1. Oregon finished #2 this year so saying they never finished higher than third is wrong
2. Oregon beat the crap out of Stanford the past 2 years, so holding up this years game as an example of the brilliance of Harbaugh/Shaw is ridiculous.
3. Oregon does not have far better athletes than Stanford. If anything, the past 2 NFL drafts suggest that is the other way around.
All the way around that article was bogus. I think CK will be great in the NFL and there are far more league analysts in the know that agree with that than there are that agree with Evans.
Agreed... we were getting killed by Stanford up front. While stretching the field vertically would have been nice, Mariota (who was a little off passing-wise anyway) had no time to throw the ball before the pocket collapsed. Very little Chip could have done there (this isn't to say that he has never been out-coached).
Much of this operates under the premise that he will be running the exact same offense in the exact same way he did at Oregon. Chip is too smart. He'll tailor the scheme to better fit his personnel and NFL defenses. I'm sure he knows $10 Million per year QB's shouldn't be taking hits any more than they have to.
I love that NFL.com lets its writers criticize the NBA (can you imagine the Blazers letting its employees be honest about the team nowadays?) but... that column was weak on facts and long on opinion.
Which would be OK if there weren't facts presented that (as others in this thread have pointed out (+1's to you guys!)) are just not correct.
Kelly's got an uphill battle to be a successful NFL coach, but that's the case with EVERY new NFL coach. He picked a good organization to join and Philly got their top coaching target. There are no guarantees, but you just have to do your homework and see how the cookie crumbles.
No question Kelly will adjust. He'll have to and he's smart enough to do it.
Is Heath Evans related to John Canzano? Welcome to the pro's.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports